MedUni Graz Learning Centre is reopening as of Saturday, 20 Februrary 2021
We are pleased to announce that our Learning Centre will reopen on February 20, 2021. Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) current situation opening hours are restricted under strict physical distancing and hygiene measures.
The Learning Centre will be open on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays from 09:00 am to 06:00 pm. We provide you with a total of 18 work stations (of which 2 are computer search stations).
Borrowing a locker key in the learning centre is mandatory before visiting! As a rule, use the cloakroom before entering both library or learning centre. All work stations in the Learning Centre are marked with a number. Visitors are requested to use the work station indicated by your locker key number only, but please feel free to ask for your preferred seat.
We ask you to adhere to a minimum social distancing measure of 2 meters within the library and the learning centre and wear a FFP2-mask at all times.
No eating and drinking in the learning centre.
Please keep all sanitary measures (desinfection of hands, surfaces and locker keys). We provide you with all sanitary products.
We hope to be able to make this service permanent and we are looking forward to your visit.
If there are any further questions, do not hesitate to contact the head of the library.
New at the university library: The Pschyrembel Online + Herold App
Are you already using the Pschyrembel Online + Herold database or would you like to use it? Then we have good news for you: from now on you can find this database in your app store too!
What is Pschyrembel Online + Herold?
Pschyrembel Online + Herold is a Database for evidence-based clinical information. In this database you will find:
- The current state of medical knowledge in over 60.000 articles
- Medical calculators
- Diseases systematically searchable
- Laboratory values (reference ranges)
- Classifications Scores Guidelines
- 700 texts from Herold Internal Medicine, based on the subject catalog for the medical exam
So far this database was available for MedUni Graz students and staff on the Pschyrembel website only, but from now on you also have access by this easy-to-use mobile app.
How can I download and use the app?
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Request an access code via email@example.com
- Follow the instructions you receive by email and log into the app
- Please note that there is a maximum of 500 user access codes available
More information and contact
For more information about databases accessible to MedUni Graz students and staff visit the page about databases on the University Library website. If you have any further questions about the databases, please contact the Electronic Library Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
University Library and reading spaces reopening as of February 8, 2021
Collecting a locker key is mandatory when entering the library. We will allocate you a seat in the library, but do not hesitate to ask for a preferred seat at the information desk. Keep a minimum distance of 2 meters (6 ft.) to other library users at all times. Wearing a FFP2 mask both in the library and at your learning place is mandatory. We strongly advise you to comply with our hygiene guidelines (disinfection of hands, surfaces and locker keys). We provide you with all relevant sanitizing products.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the head of the library.
University Library expands ejournal collection
In 2021 MedUni Graz staff and students have free access to almost 6,500 scientific e-journals which is nearly 1,500 e-journals more than in the past year.
To ensure access to top scientific resources the University Library evaluates the collection annually and negotiates prices and offers with publishing companies. This year, negotiations have been very successful and guarantee access to a wide range of e-journals.
(New) journals in 2021
MedUni Graz is offering the following new titles:
- 1,464 Elsevier Freedom Collection titles: as of 2021 free access to Elsevier Freedom Collection 2021. This collection consists of 2,260 titles in total, of which 1,664 are new titles brought to you by MedUni Graz.
- 16 titles by Cell Press (Elsevier): As of 2021 free access to 19 Cell Press journals of which 16 titles are new: Biophysical Journal, Cell Chemical Biology, Cell Host & Microbe, Cell Metabolism, Cell Stem Cell, Cell Systems, Chem, Current Biology, Developmental Cell, Immunity, Joule, Molecular Cell, Molecular Therapy, Neuron, Structure, Trends in Cancer
- 8 additional Nature journal titles: as of 2021 free access to 30 nature journal titles of which 8 are new: Nature Metabolism, Nature Microbiology, Nature Reviews Cardiology, Nature Reviews Disease Primers, Nature Reviews Endocrinology, Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Nature Reviews Microbiology, Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology
- 1 additional AACR title: Cancer Discovery
These e-journals are part of a large collection of both digital and printed resources. In addition to these e-journals, the library offers access to the most important scientific medical databases (11), e-books (~5,500), reference works (4,700), text books (~4,700), and bound volumes (~70,000).
You need access to another journal or article?
We do our best to adapt our offer to the needs of MedUni Graz students and staff. However, it may happen that the journal/article you need is not part of our collection. Also then we are happy to help you getting access to the information you need. Please proceed as follows:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting the library to license a particular journal. The University Library will review feasibility within the financial and content scope of our collection.
- Get the article you need by our document supply service.
Further information and contact:
For further information with regard to our ressources please consult our website. For questions regarding our e-ressources please contact Elma Lammers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Extension of loan period until March 8, 2021!
Due to the current situation, all loan items have been automatically renewed until March 8, 2021.